Anybody see 60 Minutes tonight

Come here just to talk about everyday life and other non-aquarium topics.
sskruzr
NWAAS Treasurer

Anybody see 60 Minutes tonight

Post by sskruzr »

They had a piece on how well the Gardens of the Queen dive site was doing so well due to regulating fishing and diving in the area.

They also showed 4 large Pacific lionfish around a coral head.
Corey Mohrhauser
NWAAS Treasurer, Auction Chair
One planet, one chance, DO NOT SCREW IT UP
mewickham
NWAAS President

Re: Anybody see 60 Minutes tonight

Post by mewickham »

I almost didn't see it. I set my TiVo to grab 60 Minutes every week, but football games bump it out of its time slot nearly every week, so the tail end of some boring football game is what usually records instead. I wish they'd just take the program off the air so that I could quit wasting my time looking for it. (Better yet, get rid of the boring football games!) Fortunately, I also had the season finale of Survivor set to record this week, so I got all 60 Minutes. Of course, that meant that the end of the season finale got bumped and cut off! It's a good thing I noticed soon enough to also record the 10:00 News and get the end of Survivor. CBS sucks! <end rant>
Mike Wickham
http://mikewickham.com
NWAAS Webmaster, Publicity Chair
fishbit

Post by fishbit »

I saw it.Amazing how well nature does without our interference.Lionfish are becomming common in the Carabean & the U.S.East coast.they are causing problems for the natural fauna.
sskruzr
NWAAS Treasurer

Post by sskruzr »

mewickham wrote:I almost didn't see it. I set my TiVo to grab 60 Minutes every week, but football games bump it out of its time slot nearly every week, so the tail end of some boring football game is what usually records instead. I wish they'd just take the program off the air so that I could quit wasting my time looking for it. (Better yet, get rid of the boring football games!) Fortunately, I also had the season finale of Survivor set to record this week, so I got all 60 Minutes. Of course, that meant that the end of the season finale got bumped and cut off! It's a good thing I noticed soon enough to also record the 10:00 News and get the end of Survivor. CBS sucks! <end rant>
Thanks for letting us know how much you like football. Superbowl party at Mike's this year!
Corey Mohrhauser
NWAAS Treasurer, Auction Chair
One planet, one chance, DO NOT SCREW IT UP
mewickham
NWAAS President

Post by mewickham »

I like playing football, but not watching it. It's a 60-minute game that takes four hours to play! Sheesh. Talk about hurry up and wait. And the rules are just plain strange. The goal is to move a ball 100 yards across a goal line, within four tries. But if you achieve only 20% of your goal within those four tries, you get to start over with a new first down. What the...!? Better written regulations have come out of Congress!

I think they should change the rules to make it more exciting. How 'bout if the clock never stops, except to remove the dead or injured from the field? And if a team takes more than 60 seconds to reset and hike the ball, they lose possession of the ball and their quarterback has to put on a tutu bottom, a bikini top, and join the opposing side's cheerleading squad until his own team regains possession.
Mike Wickham
http://mikewickham.com
NWAAS Webmaster, Publicity Chair
Jackielee

Post by Jackielee »

I agree with Mike I used to love to play the game and no one pampered us we got hurt and kept playing. They are a bunch of over paid babies that make too much money and get into trouble with it. I would never pay to go see a professional game now that I am grown and have had to earn my own living. There are many talented athletic players but most of them are PLAYERS. :o Most of them who really love the game would so it for let's say a teacher's salary. I know plenty of people who would be glad to earn a teacher's salary and would work hard to earn it. Part of the problem with our society we let the gladiators become something they are not. Sorry for the little trip up on top of my soap box but it is such a short and easy trip. :oops:

I think the clock should not stop in college Basketball too. Two minutes can take a half an hour. Keep it moving... :lol:

Oh did anybody see 60 minutes?

Too much time on my hands I had a bad mole removed from my back and I am on light house duty so I have time to think too much.

Take care.
Jack
etheonut

Post by etheonut »

"Too much time on my hands I had a bad mole removed from my back and I am on light house duty so I have time to think too much."

I didn't know you had a Light House, how cool is that?

Kevin
Jackielee

Post by Jackielee »

etheonut wrote:"Too much time on my hands I had a bad mole removed from my back and I am on light house duty so I have time to think too much."

I didn't know you had a Light House, how cool is that?

Kevin
You are a beam of light filled energy yourself! :lol: