Hello! New to the forum!

Tell us about yourself! Find tips on using our forum.
Joshua81

Hello! New to the forum!

Post by Joshua81 »

Hello Everybody! Im from the River Valley and Ive just started working for a pet shop and I find myself in love with fish. So I am hoping to get into this as a hobby any suggestions on where to begin?
dennysfishroom

Re: Hello!

Post by dennysfishroom »

Hi Josh. Glad to have you dropping in. Tell us a little about yourself, and we may have a little better idea of how to help you. Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!
etheonut

Re: Hello!

Post by etheonut »

And it would be best if you did that by starting your own thread :D

Kevin
mewickham
NWAAS President

Re: Hello! New to the forum!

Post by mewickham »

Hi! And welcome to the forum. Too bad you're so far away... I presume. Is the "River Valley" the Little Rock area? I'm a transplant to Arkansas, so I'm not sure what that term means here. We'd love to hear about the aquarium/pet stores in your area, including the one you work at. Every now and then the club makes a "shop hop" road trip to visit some cool stores.

If you're just getting into the hobby, the best place to start is with a good book! Probably the best beginner's book in print at the moment is Boruchowitz' The Simple Guide to Freshwater Aquariums. You might also look for used copies of Innes' Exotic Aquarium Fishes, an oldie but really goody. I also recommend The Complete Idiot's Guide to Freshwater Aquariums[/u]. I know the author personally and think he is really cool! ;) It's out of print, so you'd have to hunt for a used copy.

And of course, type away with any questions you have and we'll jump in with answers. There are a lot of very experienced members in this club and on the forum.

P.S. I split your message off into its own thread for better response.
Mike Wickham
http://mikewickham.com
NWAAS Webmaster, Publicity Chair