Rocks

Aquariums - Filters - Heaters - Lighting - Accessories
dennysfishroom

Rocks

Post by dennysfishroom »

While not technically aquarium equipment, I've been looking for rocks for the new aquarium recently. Mike and I were delivering posters today, and we stopped at Swartz Stone in Springdale. After telling them what we were looking for, they directed us to a pile of loose stones that we could pick through, and they were only $0.10/lb. I ended up getting 200 lbs worth. I'll be putting it into the aquarium tomorrow, and we'll see what it looks like when I get done. Not the biggest selection, but the price was right. Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!
etheonut

Re: Rocks

Post by etheonut »

The Rock House (or whatever it is called) in Joplin has a similar stack. Lots of fun just digging through the stack.

Kevin
dennysfishroom

Re: Rocks

Post by dennysfishroom »

They were low on inventory yesterday, but are expecting new shipments in the next few weeks as they prepare for spring. They also had a pile for $0.20/lb, but the less expensive rocks were what I was looking for. I suspect most landscape rock shops would have similar piles of orphan rocks. They sell by the ton, but you always have some left over, and it's one way to get their money back without having to find a way to dispose of it. Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!