NWAAS 2012 Spring Auction - March 31, 2012

For discussion of upcoming events in NWA and beyond. Auction rules and registration forms can also be found here.
snakeskinner

Re: NWAAS 2012 Spring Auction - March 31, 2012

Post by snakeskinner »

snakeskinner wrote:I've been wanting to make it over to one of your auctions and my wife and I were wanting to come over to Eureka Springs this spring so looks like maybe I can coordinate that and make both happen :) As long as the weather holds and my checkbook doesn't take a nasty hit for some reason, we should be able to make it. I would like to bring some stuff over to the auction, here's a list of what I have available and might bring. Please let me know if there is anything on this list that is not allowed in Arkansas (I don't think there is) or anything you are really interested in so I can make that a priority on my bagging list (I may get tired of bagging fish and not grab everything)

Haplochromis sp. "Ruby Green" males only
Steatocranus tinanti juveniles (a little over an inch right now)
Neolamprologus multifasciatus 'mbita' (ongoing colony, usually catch inch long juvies to sell)
Ameca splendens (small colony with extras)
Thysochromis ansorgii mated pair (spawned once but I'm not having luck anymore)
Benitochromis nigrodorsalis mated pair (several broods from them)
Common clown pleco's (about 6 last I checked)
Ancistrus sp. "Brown bristlenose" quite a few juvies, one adult male found one albino male left
Hemichromis sp. (cf. lifalili ?) I got the pair from Mike Wickham and they spawned, not exactly sure on species yet but they are smaller, less aggressive than gutattus
Astatotilapia latifasciata pair that spawn repeatedly, female holding right now
Astatotiapia latifasciata young juvies, lots of them around 3/4"
Assassin snails (allowed in Arkansas?)
Cherry shrimp
Skiffia multipunctata 'la luz'
Limia perugiae sold

I'd love to get rid of most or all of these fish over the next few months. Your auction just happens to be first on the schedule. Again, I won't likely bring ALL of these on the list but at least some so speak up if you want a chance on any of it... Kyle
ok, I havn't had too many responses or inquiries so I'm not exactly sure what might be of interest. I will not be able to bring anything home with me if it doesn't sell since we are headed over to Eureka Springs after the auction for a few days. Here's probably what I will actually bring:

Skiffia multipunctata 'la luz'
assassin snails
cherry shrimp
Astatotilapia latifasciata fry
Steatocranus tinanti juvies
Benitochromis nigordorsalis pair
Thysochromis ansorgii pair
A couple Haplochromis "ruby green" males
Hemichromis sp. juveniles
Neolamprologus multifasciatus 'mbita'
Ancistrus sp. albino and browns

if there was something I listed earlier that is not on this last list and you were interested, speak up quick because I'm bagging things up tomorrow. Kyle
Okarche, OK
babynurse_pjn

Post by babynurse_pjn »

By the way... I would LOVE to get my hands on a Protomelas taeniolatus (Red Empress) :D
ImageImageImage
ryanwalker007

Post by ryanwalker007 »

Hi, im new to your auction and society. I have a few questions. I would like to attend your auction this weekend. Do I need to become a member beforehand? Also, do you typically have any saltwater tanks come thru? I am hoping to learn more about them and also purchase a tank for when I am ready to start saltwater. Lately, typically how long do your auctions last? Thanks.
Ryan
tbalan

Post by tbalan »

ryanwalker007 wrote:Hi, im new to your auction and society. I have a few questions. I would like to attend your auction this weekend. Do I need to become a member beforehand? Also, do you typically have any saltwater tanks come thru? I am hoping to learn more about them and also purchase a tank for when I am ready to start saltwater. Lately, typically how long do your auctions last? Thanks.
Ryan
You dont have to be a member to be able to buy and sell at the auction, but becoming a member has its benefits and the welcome kit alone offsets the cost of membership. The last auction lasted about 3-3 1/2 hours, but come early and check out everything that will be for sale. Saltwater equipment is on the rare side but not unheard of at the auctions. There should be a few tanks that would easliy convert to saltwater.
snakeskinner

Post by snakeskinner »

babynurse_pjn wrote:By the way... I would LOVE to get my hands on a Protomelas taeniolatus (Red Empress) :D
there are typically TONS of red empress at the TCA auctions and a lot of them are really nice. everything from breeders to fry. there's one coming up April 15th if you don't find anything this weekend. Kyle
Okarche, OK
mewickham
NWAAS President

Post by mewickham »

Kyle, I'd bid on clown plecos if you bring them.
Mike Wickham
http://mikewickham.com
NWAAS Webmaster, Publicity Chair
mewickham
NWAAS President

Post by mewickham »

Oh, and I'd add that, just because no one has repsonded on the board doesn't mean the items won't sell. I'd say that the majority of our auction attendees and buyers are either not club members or not active forum members. In fact, so far this year, 44% of our paid club memberships don't even have forum accounts! We put out quite a bit of publicity to draw in new faces. And we've got at least one local dealer coming to buy and sell.
Mike Wickham
http://mikewickham.com
NWAAS Webmaster, Publicity Chair
pinkrblu

Post by pinkrblu »

I will not be there tomorrow.
~Kenna
I can stop buying fish anytime I want. Seriously.
im2smart4u

Post by im2smart4u »

I will be there. I will be looking mostly for Victorian cichlids. I plan on getting some ruby greens. Hopefully there are other Victorians for me to bid on, too.
sskruzr
NWAAS Treasurer

Post by sskruzr »

pinkrblu wrote:I will not be there tomorrow.
got you covered Kenna.
Corey Mohrhauser
NWAAS Treasurer, Auction Chair
One planet, one chance, DO NOT SCREW IT UP
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

Not sure what you set up Corey, but Gail will be there late morning.

I did get 3 gift certificates today from Perennials Etc. here in Garfield for the auction.

Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!
fishbit

Post by fishbit »

I will bring some of my Green Severums,Breeder Size Angels,Mbuna,Hap. Types,Synodontis Cats.some Anubias Minima & Crypts.Plants. Jed says he will be a Runner.
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

We had several people needing bags at our auction Saturday. Turns out the club did have some, but I didn't remember picking them up. We got several hundred from Noah's Ark in Rogers. Thank you Rick and Devon. They were in a box of NWAAS supplies I had. Now who would have thought to look there? I'll be bringing them to the meeting the 14th, and have Michael put them in our auction box ready for the next auction. That should take care of the emergencies anyway. I may be ordering some bags soon if anyone wants to get get some for their own use. Denny
tbalan

Post by tbalan »

Let me know when you do, I could use some larger bags.
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

I'm probably going to be ordering some gusseted bags. I'm trying to decide between a 6 and an 8 inch bag. I'll let you know what I decide. Denny
snakeskinner

Post by snakeskinner »

babynurse_pjn wrote:By the way... I would LOVE to get my hands on a Protomelas taeniolatus (Red Empress) :D

too bad I didn't have a phone number for you and a method of transportation, there were TONS of red empress at the TCA auction in Texas today.. they will be hosting the FOTAS (Federation Of Texas Aquarium Societies) convention in the DFW area sometime in September which will be well worth the trip. I would bet money there will be a lot of them there as well. I'm not sure who all is breeding them down there but it seems constant. there are everything from show-quality breeding groups to bags of fry.. Kyle
Okarche, OK
babynurse_pjn

Post by babynurse_pjn »

Awesome Kyle! Thanks for letting me know. I actually have family in Dallas so I could definitely make it down that way. Let me know if you find out what the exact dates are in September.
ImageImageImage
snakeskinner

Post by snakeskinner »

looks like September 14-16th are the dates they have set. the TCA website is www.texascichlid.org but they havn't been very good about keeping it updated lately. It says the hotel will be the Hilton Garden Inn which is where this last auction was. It is in Irving, just South of hwy 183 where highway 161 intersects.. Kyle
Okarche, OK