HAAS of KC Swap Meet - August 25th, 2012

For discussion of upcoming events in NWA and beyond. Auction rules and registration forms can also be found here.
slimbolen99

HAAS of KC Swap Meet - August 25th, 2012

Post by slimbolen99 »

The Heart of America Aquarium Society will be hosting it's annual Swap Meet on August 25th, 2012 at the Palmer Center in Independence, MO.

If you haven't been to a swap meet before, think of it as a gigantic "garage sale" of aquarium related items. This is a great time to get deals on all sorts of things, from aquariums, filters, heaters, lights, fish, plants, and essentially anything aquarium related. Some folks bring tanks filled with fish, and net and bag them out right there.

Each "vendor" has one or more tables where they sell their wares to the public. They are responsible for collecting money for themselves.

Tables this year are only $10.00.

218 N. Pleasant St.
Independence, MO 64050

DATE: August 25th, 2012
TIME:
Setup - 10:00 AM
Open to Public - 12:00 PM
Ends 2:00 PM (may go later than that)

To register for a table(s), please see this post in our forum:
http://www.kcfishclub.org/forum/57-haas-auctions-and-swap-meets/52367-haas-summer-swap-august-25th.html
sskruzr
NWAAS Treasurer

Re: HAAS of KC Swap Meet - August 25th, 2012

Post by sskruzr »

Just got back from the HAAS swap meet with Denny. Thanks Mike for not being able to make it. It allowed me to pick up a cheap 30 gallon and few other things I wouldn't otherwise picked up. It was a great trip. I picked up some real bargains.
Corey Mohrhauser
NWAAS Treasurer, Auction Chair
One planet, one chance, DO NOT SCREW IT UP
jlgeorge

Post by jlgeorge »

Yes not bad, picked up some good deals as well. Finally picked up some fish as well, found a nice group of New Guinea Rainbows at Olathe Pets. Nice place thanks for the heads up.
John George
Jackielee

Post by Jackielee »

Was good to see you two. I had a great time at the swap and was glad you guys made the trip and that you shared your bounty with me. Only wish you had shared your lunches with me. :lol: i will have a lunch box with me next time for sure. Take care. Jack
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

We stopped at Kum N Go on the way in, and grabbed something for lunch. Not gourmet, but it carried us through. We had a good time also, and personally this was probably the best swap meet I've been to. If you didn't go, you missed a good one.
If it was easy, anyone could do it!
slimbolen99

Post by slimbolen99 »

Denny - I expect to have the schematics for that cooler and cereal box fish toting system in my inbox in two days. That was a cool idea!
sskruzr
NWAAS Treasurer

Post by sskruzr »

It is a great idea. No bagging fish and no leaking bags. And easy clean up whether you sell them or not.
Corey Mohrhauser
NWAAS Treasurer, Auction Chair
One planet, one chance, DO NOT SCREW IT UP
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

Maybe I'll include this in our October meeting program. We're going to talk about getting fish ready for auctions and shipping, so we'll just expand it to include swap meets too. I've also used the deli containers, but being round, they don't pack quite as well. Denny
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

Wondered if anyone knew whether crayfish could legally be sold at the KC swap meet? Not the Marble, but the CPO's or the white ones. Denny
Jackielee

Post by Jackielee »

They have not outlawed the other crayfish yet but they are working in that direction. That is why I am trying to breed what i can so I can enjoy it and move on after the MAN sticks his nose in MY hobby AGAIN!!! :twisted: :oops:
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

Brian B. - are you guys putting out your newsletter soon? I've got a write-up for you if you want it. I'll probably be posting it on my website, too. Denny
slimbolen99

Post by slimbolen99 »

Yeah, send it over to newsletter@kcfishclub.org and I can have John put it in. Thanks!