White Crayfish

Crayfish, shrimp, snails, newts, frogs, turtles, etc.
dennysfishroom

White Crayfish

Post by dennysfishroom »

Now that I've got my CPO's breeding, I decided to take the plunge and get some regular sized crays. I settled on the "white" variety, and should receive them next week. These are supposed to be adults, so I;ll have to hope they start breeding right away. That assumes I get a pair out of the 4 I ordered. Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!
Jackielee

Re: White Crayfish

Post by Jackielee »

Very cool. I too am breeding crayfish but have had no luck with the CPO's so earmark some of the babies for me. I want them. i have the white ones and if you do not get pairs i will share. Mine are sub adults other than an adult female i have. i had the electric blues breeding last week so hope to have babies from them in the future. Cool that we are both in a crayfish phase at the same time. Jack
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

I may have to take you up on that. The seller just told me all she has left are males. That figures. Denny
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

The white crays arrived this morning. Unfortunately, one of the bags was leaking, and had no water by the time it got here. The other 3 where fine, and the crays are swimming (crawling???) around the tank. The fourth one is probably dead, but I put him in a separate tank by himself, just in case he would revive. I'll see later today. Only one had a single large pincer, so that one is definitely a male. All the others were missing the large claws, so if they are males, I'll have to wait until they moult to see the big pincers. I may have to keep them all until I know for sure. Denny