LF Rosy Barbs

Barbs, danios, gouramies, tetras, and other fish that don't fit into the above categories
jlgeorge

LF Rosy Barbs

Post by jlgeorge »

The past week my 8 year old Brandon had kept saying there were baby fish in our 350 gallon tank. There are so many large fish in there, and the only things I could think of that may spawn in that tank were the tiger barbs. Yesterday after church he calls me, look dad there they are. Low and behold there were about 6-8 babies swimming in and around the plants and rocks, must be several weeks old, because they were large enough to make out the dot on the tail and identify it. Now I need to catch this group of barbs and move them to the fish room. They are the most beautiful Long Fin Rosies I've ever came across, like to have a couple good spawns from them.
John George
Jackielee

Re: LF Rosy Barbs

Post by Jackielee »

Congrats on the spawn. I love barbs. All you would probably have to do to get more is put them in a ten gallon full of plants and leave them for a day or two. Good luck with them. Jack
snakeskinner

Re: LF Rosy Barbs

Post by snakeskinner »

congrats.. you've obviously got something right in the main tank for them to survive. Dean Hougen has a 125 gallon tank with a lot of short plants covering the bottom of the tank. He used to have a large group of lacortei tetras, odessa barbs and some Honduran redpoints all breeding in that tank. There were so many fish, including babies, that a lot of them survived. I'm not sure he still has the same fish going or not. Kyle
Okarche, OK