Red Spot Gold Severum

From angelfish to zebra cichlids
jlgeorge

Red Spot Gold Severum

Post by jlgeorge »

Finally have some free swimming fry from this pair. I was beginning to think the male was sterile, after the first 9 bunches of eggs. They have been swimming around for 3 days now and it doesn't appear they have ate any, keeping my fingers crossed.
John George
Jackielee

Re: Red Spot Gold Severum

Post by Jackielee »

Good luck with them. do you have photos of the parents. Are both gold and red? Anxious to see how the fry do.
fishbit

Post by fishbit »

I have some red headed Severums that I just hatched from a pair I got at our last auction. The brine shrimp eggs I just got are having a terrible hatch ratio , so I am feeding them on Microworms & they are eating them with no problem.
Attachments
Photo-0168.jpg
Photo-0168.jpg (30.04 KiB) Viewed 1567 times
Photo-0168.jpg
Photo-0168.jpg (30.04 KiB) Viewed 1567 times
jlgeorge

Post by jlgeorge »

Jackielee wrote:Good luck with them. do you have photos of the parents. Are both gold and red? Anxious to see how the fry do.
Look at the Severum Pair post about 5 post down from this topic for pictures. The female is gold, the male is Gold/red spot.
John George
ApistoGrandma

Post by ApistoGrandma »

I told ya they were like bunnies. I feed them green water and they lived in a heavily planted aquarium. didn't even have to bother with brine shrimp
jlgeorge

Post by jlgeorge »

The severum are growing quite well, I can't get over how many on them have made it. I have left them with the parents and there are literally hundreds of them swimming around. I know I need to move them to another tank soon, just don't want to disrupt things, but the water changes on the 80gal are getting to be a little much.
John George
fishbit

Post by fishbit »

I'll trade you some of my Red head Severum fry for some of yours when they get older if you like.
ApistoGrandma

Post by ApistoGrandma »

i never had any problems with the parents eating the young unless they bred a scond time. and even then the bigest problem i had was sibling on sibling murder. older brothers eating eggs and young fry when mom and dad were sleeping.