In2Deep frag meet

For discussion of upcoming events in NWA and beyond. Auction rules and registration forms can also be found here.
sskruzr
NWAAS Treasurer

In2Deep frag meet

Post by sskruzr »

Something we might wanna get in on?????
Free booth!!!
Corey Mohrhauser
NWAAS Treasurer, Auction Chair
One planet, one chance, DO NOT SCREW IT UP
mewickham
NWAAS President

Re: In2Deep frag meet

Post by mewickham »

Sounds like a good idea. We have the stuff to make a booth.

By the way, the event will be Saturday, March 30th, at Millwood Christian Church (3450 Pleasant Grove Road, Rogers, AR, 72758).
Mike Wickham
http://mikewickham.com
NWAAS Webmaster, Publicity Chair
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

Get all the deatils and we can discuss it tomorrow at our meeting. Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

Corey - you may want to get with Bobby. He was asking yesterday what we were going to do about having a table at their event. Denny
sskruzr
NWAAS Treasurer

Post by sskruzr »

Sounds like we'd have to provide the table and chairs and of course the volunteers. Anybody up for manning the booth? Probably gonna need at least two people from around 9 or 10 until close, (I'm thinking no later than 4).
IN2DEEP would like a donation of something for a door prize. NWAAS got 4 bottles of saltwater chemicals from Seachem we could donate.

Thoughts???????????
Corey Mohrhauser
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

It would be nice if some of our newer members would volunteer to help with manning the booth. Do we have details i.e. date location, etc? I'd say go with the donation of the chemicals. Denny
sskruzr
NWAAS Treasurer

Post by sskruzr »

The event will be Saturday March 30th at Millwood Christian Church (3450 Pleasant Grove Road Rogers, AR 72758). We will open the doors for anyone that wants to bring tanks and sell/swap stuff that morning. We will open the doors for everyone a few hours later.

We will have a raffle and I am working on getting us some cool stuff to raffle off. Tickets for the raffle will be sold.

There will be no entry fee or a fee for a booth/table. We are asking people that want to setup a booth/table to make a donation to the club. It can be an item for the raffle or just a donation.

If you plan on bringing a booth we ask that no metal halides be used for lighting and that you bring an extension cord (if possible).

Please let me know if you intend to bring a tank so that I can have an idea of what to expect.

For those of us that will be attending we would also like to have a rough head count.

Thanks everybody!

SC Ultimate Chaos this is the polyp that will be in the raffle. I will try to update with a better picture.

BULK REEF SUPPLY WILL MAKE A DONATION! PRIZE TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON!
Corey Mohrhauser
sskruzr
NWAAS Treasurer

Post by sskruzr »

BUELLER!!!!!??? BUELLER!!!!!!????

Where's my volunteers?
Corey Mohrhauser
snakeskinner

Post by snakeskinner »

If you'll come pick me up and take me back home, I'm in :)
Okarche, OK
mewickham
NWAAS President

Post by mewickham »

All I can do at this point is say maybe. I won't know if I can do it until later. And we need to know the exact times and total hours that we are talking about. "We will open the doors for anyone that wants to bring tanks and sell/swap stuff that morning. We will open the doors for everyone a few hours later." That isn't specific. Are we talking 4 hours? 8 hours? 12? Starting when?

If we do this, and I do think it's a good idea, we are also going to need to build some kind of PVC frame from which to hang the posters. Trade shows provide a booth with back-wall structures that can be used, but I doubt the church is going to be providing anything but open space, and maybe a table. So there would be an extra one-time expense for us. Fortunately, PVC is cheap. In any case, if anyone has objections to spending that money, they should say so now. I haven't bought PVC for years, so I don't know the prices, but I would guess it could cost $30 to $50.
Mike Wickham
http://mikewickham.com
NWAAS Webmaster, Publicity Chair
sskruzr
NWAAS Treasurer

Post by sskruzr »

I think we need to wait and discuss at Saturday's meeting. Maybe I can get more specifis by then.
Corey Mohrhauser