Working in the Fish Room

From angelfish to zebra cichlids
dennysfishroom

Working in the Fish Room

Post by dennysfishroom »

Summer is always a hard time to keep your enthusiasm in the fish room. With Gail going back to work this Fall, I've started to try catching up on all those things I should have been doing all along and didn't. Once that started I began to see fish that were holding fry all over the room. In the past week, I've pulled and isolated between 8 and 10 females who were incubating eggs/fry. That made me empty other tanks, and do some cleaning as well. Who knows how long this will last, but I've still got a lot to do to catch up. Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!
Jackielee

Re: Working in the Fish Room

Post by Jackielee »

My tanks get a little less attention in the summer too. It is a nice break for them and me I think. I seldom let anyone suffer just maybe do a few less water changes and filter rinses. Laura gets about 6 weeks off and then I am back into my regular routine. It is so nice to have a wife that works in a school and has some regularly scheduled times off that we can share and one that puts up with an extreme tropical fish hobby like mine. I put in my 30 years in schools and man it is great to be out. One day I will probably cut back to a reasonable point and move into a small house with limited space but not today!