June 14th meeting

Program Schedule - Dates - Location - Maps and Directions
snakeskinner

June 14th meeting

Post by snakeskinner »

hi guys, Mike contacted me yesterday about bumping up my talk from August to June and I said I'd be able to handle it so I'll be seeing you all sooner than expected.

I had planned to bring some fish for donations but I'm not exactly sure that will happen now. I havn't really had time to get things in order as I had expected and a lot of my fish I'd planned to bring havn't bred yet or are too young. My talk will be on shelldweller cichlids, mainly from Lake Tanganyika, and I'd hoped to have a few species to bring. what I do have available are Neolamprologus multifasciatus. I would like to bring some over but my dilemma is that we will be coming over Thursday and do a little vacationing around Eureka springs area beforehand so I'd either have to drop the fish off with someone or haul them around with me and I'm not sure what the weather is going to be like in a few weeks.

I guess my main reason for this post is... Does anyone want me to bring multies with me? Will anyone be ready to setup a tank for them? Or would you rather wait until after my talk and then get an idea of what you want and maybe I can put together a package later this year and ship it over to you guys or maybe even bring them over and hit a meeting again? just hashing out my plans right now. Kyle
Okarche, OK
dennysfishroom

Re: June 14th meeting

Post by dennysfishroom »

Since Mike won't be at the meeting, you'll have to let me know what you'll need as far as a computer and program for your talk. Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!
snakeskinner

Post by snakeskinner »

it'll be on powerpoint. I'll bring my laptop. as long as you have a projector with a cable. I believe it's called a VGA connector on my laptop. it has 15 pins with 3 lines of 5 pins, the connector itself is wider at the top than at the bottom. Kyle
Okarche, OK
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

We should be okay, but just to be safe, you may want to bring a backup on a flash drive. I'm really looking forward to your talk. Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!
snakeskinner

Post by snakeskinner »

still debating whether or not I'll try to bring some N. multifasciatus and tote them around for 3 days. doable but will depend a lot on the weather because they'll have to sit in the car most of Saturday at the least. I probably won't decide until I'm leaving.

so is anyone else going to bring anything to the meeting? anyone have stuff they need to get rid of? just wondering if there's anything I might bring home with me... KYle
Okarche, OK