2014 American Cichlids Association convention

For discussion of upcoming events in NWA and beyond. Auction rules and registration forms can also be found here.
sskruzr
NWAAS Treasurer

2014 American Cichlids Association convention

Post by sskruzr »

WOW! What a great time. Got back into town around 9 last night. They had 4 auctions in 4 days, it was great. The speakers were great, the vendors were great and got to talk to a bunch of fellow fish nuts.
While the majority of the fish for sale were Africans, I did pick up 9 corydoras adolfi, 9 corydoras weitmani, 6 silver hatchets, and 3 electric blue acaras. I think the best deal was the pound of live blackworms certificate for $15. Also picked up some odds and ends of different foods. A big thanks to KCMickey from the HAAS crew for lending me a pump and stones to keep the corys alive and kicking. I'm hooked, I'll be going next year to the ACA in Springfield MASS. Hopefully Denny took some pics to share, guess I got caught up in everything going on and didn't even think about pictures. The one thing that stood out for me was people selling fish out of their hotel rooms.
Corey Mohrhauser
NWAAS Treasurer, Auction Chair
One planet, one chance, DO NOT SCREW IT UP
dennysfishroom

Re: 2014 American Cichlids Association convention

Post by dennysfishroom »

We just got back this afternoon (Monday). I did take some pictures that I'll be posting as soon as I work through the backlog - that's also assuming they turned out. It was a nice time, and was probably the best run convention I've attended. I did get some L. dorsigerus and some N. leilupi (I'm probably going to have to learn to spell that if I'm going to be raising them). All I can say is the banquet speaker was unbelievable. Spencer Jack was totally funny and crazy. Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!
snakeskinner

Re: 2014 American Cichlids Association convention

Post by snakeskinner »

Spencer is always entertaining. wish I could have made it, there was an awesome lineup of speakers. Kyle
Okarche, OK