NWAAS 2014 Fall Auction

For discussion of upcoming events in NWA and beyond. Auction rules and registration forms can also be found here.
sskruzr
NWAAS Treasurer

NWAAS 2014 Fall Auction

Post by sskruzr »

It's that time again. The fall auction is set for October 4th. Those people that would like to sell at the auction please contact me to register your seller id. Normally it is your 3 initials.

CPM Corey M
Corey Mohrhauser
NWAAS Treasurer, Auction Chair
One planet, one chance, DO NOT SCREW IT UP
SeafariStu

Re: NWAAS 2014 Fall Auction

Post by SeafariStu »

SEA
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

DMR - Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!
tbalan

Post by tbalan »

TAB - Travis Bishop
fishbit

Post by fishbit »

As usual, MWH? Mike Hollingsworth
Nevoy

Post by Nevoy »

Hope you all have a good auction. Susan and I will not be making this one. Best wishes to all the buyers and sellers.
Nevoy
sskruzr
NWAAS Treasurer

Post by sskruzr »

Better starting getting ready, auction is this Saturday
Corey Mohrhauser
DRNilraps

Post by DRNilraps »

DDS - David
JesusSqueesus

Post by JesusSqueesus »

I pm'd you before I found this. WLW.
Will Weber
Will Weber
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

Just thought I'd post some reminders for those of you going to the auction Saturday. Because of the situation with Michael as auctioneer and our inability to attract a treasurer, this auction may be a little more of a challenge than many of them in the past. These are some helpful hints for you to expedite the process:

Bring change. The club will only have a limited amount of change, and we won't be able to provide unlimited change-making for larger bills.
You need to have your paperwork done before the auction, and it need to be legible.
You need to make arrangements to get appropriate containers for your fish before the auction.
Make sure your bag labels are legible and securely attached to the bags or equipment being offered for sale.
You are responsible for keeping track of your winning bid slips. If you don't match with the slips the club has, you will have to wait until all other buyers have settled up to get your total.
We will hope to have all payment checks to sellers no later than our November meeting.
We will be reviewing all transactions after we get home from the auction. If there are discrepancies either way, we will either ask for the additional money, or refund any money due you.
The end of the auction is always hectic. Please don't crowd around the table where we are trying to get all the money taken.
Please realize that it is going to take a while to check out, so be patient.
Remember, we only take cash and checks in payment.

Denny
sskruzr
NWAAS Treasurer

Post by sskruzr »

I just finished logging the last of this years company contributions. We have around 60 items. I put 30 goodie bags together that will go to the first 30 registered buyers.
Corey Mohrhauser
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

It is with great regret that I will not be able to help with the auction today. Unfortunately, family business has come up at the last minute. Y'all have fun and I'll see you at the next meeting. :(
Libertas An Letum
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

It will take us a few days to get everything put together, but it looks like the auction was a success. Travis did a wonderful job as auctioneer filling in for Michael, and Mike W. gave him some relief in the middle. Our young runners were terrific, and really worked hard. Gail had never run the computer program, but was able to get us most of the way through the auction before we ran into any problems. We'll have to tweak our input information in the next few days, but it should only take a little time. We should be in better shape for our next auction. We'll try to recap everything at our meeting next Saturday. Thanks to all. Denny
Bauxitehog

Post by Bauxitehog »

We really enjoyed ourselves at the and enjoyed quietly chatting with our neighbors during the auction. We regret not getting to stay longer as I was too nervous about getting our new charges safely home. We are jealous of the outstanding benefits of having a local community club to enjoy, wish we lived closer. Thanks for a great time.
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

There's a good chance I'll have the auction checks available at the October meeting this Saturday. How's that for an incentive to come to the meeting? Denny
GrakFu

Post by GrakFu »

That is a pretty quick turn around. Sounds like this year's may have gone a bit more smootly...
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

We had problems, but took care of them as we went along. We do need to figure out a way to handle the rush at the end. We were trying to check people out before we had all the bid slips entered. Somehow we need a dead zone when we don't check anyone out until all the bid slips are entered. We also didn't have a very big auction this fall. That helped too. Denny
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

For those of you who weren't at the meeting last Saturday to pick up your auction checks, I did mail them Thursday. Be looking for them today or early next week. Thanks to all our buyers for helping to make this auction a success. Denny