American Livebearer Assoc. Convention

Egglayers keep out!
sumpnfishy

American Livebearer Assoc. Convention

Post by sumpnfishy »

Just over 3 weeks to go! For those who don't know I'm a bit of a wild livebearer nut. I'm really looking forward to this year's convention, but not the drive-it's in Cleveland! Anything I need to look for while I'm there?
Michael
etheonut

Post by etheonut »

I know Cris wouldn't mind having guppies again. If you can find anything like the black, blue or dark green varieties like we were raising before the ice storm it would great if you could bring some back. Don't spend too much though, I am just a teacher after all.

Also, I would be interested in some of the more unusual live bearers like the pike livebearers or the half-beaks if you see any of those for a very reasonable price. I haven't seen half-beaks in a long long time.

Kevin
sumpnfishy

Post by sumpnfishy »

Belonsox were incredibly cheap the last convention I went to. Halfbeaks are a hard find, but I know Rick Tinkleburg has them. I'll talk to him and see what he has.
Michael
pinkrblu

Post by pinkrblu »

How much does it cost, besides travel expenses, to go to the convention? I have been wanting to go to something like that for quite a while.
~Kenna
I can stop buying fish anytime I want. Seriously.
sumpnfishy

Post by sumpnfishy »

I believe if you go to the banquet and everything it's around $65. Not bad considering the volume of info you get over the weekend.
Michael
pinkrblu

Post by pinkrblu »

That is amazingly cheap! I've been to business conventions that the banquet alone was that much.
~Kenna
I can stop buying fish anytime I want. Seriously.
sumpnfishy

Post by sumpnfishy »

All told I hope to get out of the whole thing for less than $300. That might be a bit optomistic though!
Michael