New Tanks

Aquariums - Filters - Heaters - Lighting - Accessories
etheonut

New Tanks

Post by etheonut »

Well, I stopped by Cichlids and Salt this evening after class. We got out early normally I am not afforded this opportunity. I could take the time to list all the neat fish he has in right now, but suffice it to say I haven't seen that many species of Geophagus in one location, ever.

While I was there helping him unpack a saltwater order, because that is what you do when you see a store unpacking a saltwater order if they will let you, I was chatting with John (owner). Not to get distracted, but he got in a dusky jawfish in this order, it was nearly love at first sight! Have I mentioned that I love jawfish? This guy had spunk! So, where was I? Oh yeah, John asked me if I had room for any tanks in my car. Did I mention that they are remodeling and replacing a whole section of tanks? So, I say sure, I drove the RAV, it held a 6' tank, what ya got? He takes me into the back room where he has 2 eight foot subdivided display unit tanks. Ok, that may not be the official name for them, but you get the picture right? They wouldn't fit in the car :cry: so I am driving back up tomorrow in the truck to pick them up. Guess I will just have to plumb them and make a fish room now.

Kevin
sumpnfishy

Post by sumpnfishy »

I want those!! Have I mentioned that you...wait, this is a family forum and you are fronting my ALA registration. Never mind.
sskruzr
NWAAS Treasurer

Post by sskruzr »

Well I just erased what I really wanted to say.

Congratulations :evil:
Corey Mohrhauser
NWAAS Treasurer, Auction Chair
One planet, one chance, DO NOT SCREW IT UP
sskruzr
NWAAS Treasurer

Post by sskruzr »

So where's this Cichlids and Salt shop at?

Any balzani or daemon?
Corey Mohrhauser
NWAAS Treasurer, Auction Chair
One planet, one chance, DO NOT SCREW IT UP
etheonut

Post by etheonut »

Cichlids and Salt is located on South Campbell. It is a few blocks south of Bass Pro Shop on the opposite side of the road in a small strip mall.

He had both, plus at least locality type I had not seen, I believe he had them marked as Geophagus sp. San Carlos?

He closes at 7pm on weekdays and 6pm on Saturdays (IIRC).

Kevin
HiroPro

Post by HiroPro »

Hmm... first the 240G and now this! How come I don't stumble across these kind of deals?! :evil:

Oh well, congrats! :D
Ryan
pinkrblu

Post by pinkrblu »

Ya know, I think if we work together we can take him and divide up his really cool tanks between us. :D
~Kenna
I can stop buying fish anytime I want. Seriously.
etheonut

Post by etheonut »

I am trying to give away tanks in the "Do you have a way with words?" thread under club business and I am not getting many responses. Now I am getting death threats :shock: because I found a great deal on a couple aquariums. Where is the justice in this world :!: :?:

Kevin
Moparitus

Post by Moparitus »

We were at Cichlids and Salts a couple of weeks ago. We came home with three Jurupari's, a steindachneri, and a Frontosa. We'll have to make another trip if he has Balzani's and Daemon's!

Randy