HAAS 2015 Schedule

Program Schedule - Dates - Location - Maps and Directions
DaveW

HAAS 2015 Schedule

Post by DaveW »

For those interested I thought I'd post the HAAS schedule for 2015. We meet at the Open Door Baptist Church near Legends in Kansas on the same day ya'll do each month however we only have 1 fishy event per month. SWAP, Auction, picnic and planning session all count for a fishy event so we don't have general monthly meetings those months.

Some specials this year:
Feb general meeting, John "Dutch" Holland will do a planed tank talk. Details on the talk to come later. We are also going to do a Plant Buy (i.e. the "event" I just spoke to) where we bring in a couple hundred $$s in plants, put them in different boxes ($1, $2, $3, $5 for example) and let people go thru a line and pick out items. We discussed this at one of the monthly meetings this past year. We'll draw numbers, people will line up in order and we pick one item in order and move on. You can go to the back of the line if you want more items. This will not likely be a fund raiser; I plan on offering this at near our cost so the plants are a bargain and you get something for your membership.

May general meeting, Walter is going to do a workshop and teach us how to build the LED lights he's been doing. He provide all the materials to build a light (likely options of a 30" fixture or a 4' fixture). The club will pay for the materials for members while non-members can participate for $20. You will get to take 1 light home with you - complete working 6.5k ~18 watt LED light fixture. If you wish to do additional fixtures we can talk to Walter about pricing. We will have exact details closer to May - he's working on a large buy to bring pricing down, he's looking at other colors and so on.

Full schedule:
10-Jan open
14-Feb Dutch - box plant buy
14-Mar Spring auction
11-Apr open
9-May Walter - LED light workshop
13-Jun picnic
11-Jul SWAP
8-Aug open
12-Sep open
10-Oct open
14-Nov Fall Auction