Hello from Siloam Springs

Tell us about yourself! Find tips on using our forum.
RSDrake

Hello from Siloam Springs

Post by RSDrake »

Hello everyone. I am new to the aquarium hobby. I was given my first aquarium in mid December 2007, as an early Christmas present. It is a 28 gallon bow-front, freshwater tank.

It is planted, but becuase I only have the lighting that came with my kit, the plants aren't doing as well as they could.

I have 2 dwarf gourami, 1 dalmation molly, 2 black mollies (mother & daugther, I can't believe one actually survived!!) 1 pleco, 4 swordtail, 2 fancy fin zebra danios, 1 albino red-fin shark (that's fixing to go) and 1 clown loach.

I am a huge fan of World's Under Water in Johnson and am anxious to learn all I can about this addictive hobby.

It is a bit pricey!! There's so much I find myself wanting but just don't have the money. But I tell myself I've only been going at this for 2 1/2 months.

Well, that's me in a nutshell.

~Becky
sumpnfishy

Post by sumpnfishy »

Becky, you've come to the right place for your new addiction. I will warn you though that we do not pledge to help you overcome that addiction!!
I'm glad you found us. We'll have you keeping more tanks in no time!!
Michael :lol:
sskruzr
NWAAS Treasurer

Post by sskruzr »

Welcome to the sight! Hope you can make it to the meetings. We have one coming up this Saturday.
I believe there's info on the club meeting under club business forum. it's at the Roger's police station, 2 to 4.
Corey Mohrhauser
NWAAS Treasurer, Auction Chair
One planet, one chance, DO NOT SCREW IT UP
etheonut

Post by etheonut »

Welcome to the forums Becky. You will find this is a great source of information and fellowship. Look forward to hearing more about your tanks and your addiction.

Kevin
pinkrblu

Post by pinkrblu »

Welcome! We need more females around here.
Just ask any questions you might have and someone will answer as soon as possible.
~Kenna
I can stop buying fish anytime I want. Seriously.
HiroPro

Post by HiroPro »

Welcome!

This is a great place to share your addiction/hobby - it's like a support group. :D
Ryan
Josey

Post by Josey »

Welcome!

http://www.ahsupply.com/96watt.htm
Best deal I have found on lights for my 55g planted tank project. I'll be ordering some this coming month. I'll let you know what I think on the forum.

Nice to have you.
“It is the job that is never started that takes longest to finish.”

J. R. R. Tolkien