6th Central System

DIY Projects or post where to find them
dennysfishroom

6th Central System

Post by dennysfishroom »

I'm not sure why it's taken me a year to finish my 6th central system, but I finally overcame my inertia and have almost finished it. I would have finished it today except that I was short 4 elbows and 2 caps. Everything should be running by Friday night, and then most of my tanks will be on central systems. The only ones that won't be will be a few 10 gallon tanks I use for breeding or isolating. I'm sure the fish in those tanks are going to be really excited. Just in case you haven't been out to see my setup, each system has 6 different piping systems, so maybe you can cut me a little slack for not finishing sooner. Denny
pinkrblu

Post by pinkrblu »

I attribute the sudden loss of inertia to the fact that it looks like spring is finally knocking at the door!
~Kenna
I can stop buying fish anytime I want. Seriously.
dennysfishroom

Central systems

Post by dennysfishroom »

The weather turning nicer may help overcome the inertia, but at the same time it's pulling me outside away from my fish. I'm not sure what the impetus was to getting started, but it's nice when it happens. I've also got about 30 pages of a Power Point presentation done on "Starting an Aquarium". Maybe I can stay with it and finish before Fall. Denny
sskruzr
NWAAS Treasurer

Post by sskruzr »

Did I miss it??????????????????

Where's the pics??????????????
Corey Mohrhauser
NWAAS Treasurer, Auction Chair
One planet, one chance, DO NOT SCREW IT UP
dennysfishroom

System

Post by dennysfishroom »

My hard drive crashed a couple weeks ago. Ever since I got it back, the USB ports are all screwed up. I can't upload any pictures to PhotoShop to get unto the website. One thing after another. LOL Denny
dennysfishroom

System Success

Post by dennysfishroom »

Well, the 6th system is up and running. It never fails that you run out of parts just before you finish a project. I was 2 end caps and 3 elbows short of finishing this project Wednesday. Got them today, and it took me about 15 minutes to finish. So far everything is running with no leaks. I sure hope that continues. For those of you who haven't seen my setup, these are the piping systems I have on each central system:

1) Water pumped from the sump into the aquariums.
2) Water return system to bring water back to the sump as it overflows.
3) Float valve in the sump to replenish water as it evaporates or is removed.
4) Discharge pipes to dump any siphoned water into the floor drain.
5) A drip system tapped into the pumped water pipes which constantly discharges small amounts of water to the floor drain.
6) A central air system to supply air to all the tanks.

I guess I'll do anything to minimize the amount of work that I have to do to maintain my tanks. Denny