APR 2024: Getting Salty: Beginner's Guide to Marine Aquariums

Program Schedule - Dates - Location - Maps and Directions
mewickham
NWAAS President

APR 2024: Getting Salty: Beginner's Guide to Marine Aquariums

Post by mewickham »

Come learn how to step up to the next level in aquarium keeping! Marine aquariums are a little more difficult, more expensive, and have less margin for error, but they are completely doable with proper knowledge. And the colors of the fish are beyond extreme. Plus, there is a huge selection of fascinating critters! Kayden Hutchings will clue you in on getting started. (His bio is below the poster.)

Kayden_Hutchings_Getting_Salty_poster.png
Kayden_Hutchings_Getting_Salty_poster.png (119.74 KiB) Viewed 79 times
Kayden_Hutchings_Getting_Salty_poster.png
Kayden_Hutchings_Getting_Salty_poster.png (119.74 KiB) Viewed 79 times

Kayden's Bio:
"The one thing you need to know about me is my first word was fish. Ever since I spoke that word, I have been enthralled with all sorts of aquatic organisms.

"I first started in the hobby in 2018 with a 10-gallon freshwater, which lasted about 3 months before it turned into a 10-gallon saltwater. I have had constant care of both marine and freshwater tanks for now six years. For four of those six years, I have been working professionally at aquarium stores—meaning I have had hand- on experience with just about every plant and animal in the aquarium industry. And more recently I had an academic background, attending the University of West Florida for Marine Biology.

"I no longer work or study in the field. But my passion for fish has not waned since day one. And nowadays, I’m especially excited by species that can be described as “unobtainable”. This love for both the hobby and the parts of god’s creation we steward as aquarists, will continue to drive me deeper in to the fish world. Hopefully I can cross of my life long dream of owning a fish store!"

Please help promote this event by distributing posters to stores:
Kayden_Hutchings_Getting_Salty_poster.pdf
(725.54 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
Kayden_Hutchings_Getting_Salty_poster.pdf
(725.54 KiB) Downloaded 6 times

Ink-saver version with white background:
Kayden_Hutchings_Getting_Salty_poster_white.pdf
(726.14 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
Kayden_Hutchings_Getting_Salty_poster_white.pdf
(726.14 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
Mike Wickham
http://mikewickham.com