Paradise

Fish from Arkansas and the USA
etheonut

Paradise

Post by etheonut »

It is hard to beat Northwest Arkansas for its diversity of native fish. If you are willing to get your feet wet and your nose sunburned I would be happy to show them to you. Spring is the best time, but mid-summer is also great for natives. Oh <someplace hot>, I don't care when we go, I just love to get out and see the fishes.

Kevin
sumpnfishy

Post by sumpnfishy »

I'll have to take you up on that offer sometime! :D
Michael
kcmikey

Collecting Natives

Post by kcmikey »

Anytime is a good time to go collecting! The collector's motto "A bad day collecting is better than a good day at work!"
pinkrblu

Post by pinkrblu »

I've never collected natives, but I think it would be a fantastic first field trip for the club to take Kevin up on his offer!
~Kenna
I can stop buying fish anytime I want. Seriously.
sumpnfishy

Post by sumpnfishy »

Kevin is a great guide. Of course the first time I collected with him he had to show me his prowess at getting down a riverbank quickly!
Michael
pinkrblu

Post by pinkrblu »

Do I detect a bit of humor there? Of course I have never met Kevin, but I got a mental picture of someone sliding out of control down one of the slippery river-banks-of-death the Ozarks are so well known for!

The first time I met my husband I ended up "in the drink" up to my knees at Roaring River.
~Kenna
sumpnfishy

Post by sumpnfishy »

You have the correct image! :lol:
etheonut

Post by etheonut »

If I remember correctly, not only did I take the time to show you that the mud bank was slippery and where not to step. I then showed you how to not find any fish for several hours after that. We did eventually find some fish, but not what we were looking for. That is sort of a theme for trips where Michael and I both participate.

I will gladly host our first official event and take everyone collecting. I will try to post some 'basics' of collecting over the next couple weeks. Maybe that way no one will be surprised when we get started. :wink:

Kevin
pinkrblu

Post by pinkrblu »

I grew up going fishing with my brothers in SW Missouri and used a seine quite a bit up until I was about 12 to collect bait fish. (I was never too sure anything we were doing was legal--but it sure was fun!)
~Kenna