Branson, MO fish keeper

Tell us about yourself! Find tips on using our forum.
Fillthetank

Branson, MO fish keeper

Post by Fillthetank »

Hi all,

I just closed a LFS and am going to get to go back tomy favorite hobby again. I have 30-40 tanks but just started moving them to the house. I currently have some sunshine peacocks, some OB peacocks, some beautiful half black yellow guppies, and some julii cory cats. Oh we also have a pair of koi angels.

I live a few mile north of Branson and am a member of MASI (Missouri Aquarium Society Inc.) based in St. Louis. I moved here from there about 20 years ago but still go up to the big club events and support the club there. I literally just closed the store. I look forward to breeding and raising fish again. A store takes way toomuch time away and we never did make any money at it.

I hold a "Master Breeders Certificate" from MASI and my favorite species from my past breeding attempts are bettta Splendens.

I think I have successfully bred about 200 species and would love to help you from a distance.

I thought about starting a club here, but I soon learned after I opened the store that it was too soon for the hobby here. I stoked all my fish in seperate species tanks for about 2 months and then realized the buyers all bought by saying "I want one of those blue ones and 2 yellow ones and a red one too" Heck, I even had the latin names on the tanks.

I am so glad to have found you and look forward to visiting n the future.

Bob Huels
Branson, MO
pinkrblu

Post by pinkrblu »

Welcome! We just had our first planning meeting yesterday, so you haven't missed much. So far, our members are pretty spread out with about half of us in Missouri.

Where was your lfs? I didn't know there was one any where near Branson.
~Kenna
I can stop buying fish anytime I want. Seriously.
sumpnfishy

Post by sumpnfishy »

Bob, welcome to the site. It's always wonderful to have someone with your experience on board, even if you are a bit far away!! I look forward to learning what you have to share!
Michael
etheonut

Post by etheonut »

Welcome to the group Bob. Have you ever made it up to Cichlids and Salt in Springfield? If you haven't I imagine you would enjoy the store.

Kevin
Fillthetank

Post by Fillthetank »

Hi,
My store was in Branson Meadows Mall. We were there for about 3 years.

I know John at Cichlids & Salt, Great guy.
pinkrblu

Post by pinkrblu »

I would have visited if I had known you were there. Too bad.
~Kenna
I can stop buying fish anytime I want. Seriously.