125 Up and Running

Aquariums - Filters - Heaters - Lighting - Accessories
etheonut

125 Up and Running

Post by etheonut »

With the help of my dad and some a bit ago I got the stand built for the 125. I finally finished plumbing it to my satisfaction today. It is running very nicely now. Now all that is left is to drain it down and start aquascaping. Oh, I guess I still need to decide what type of fish to put in there. That is always the hardest decision to make :? .

Kevin
HiroPro

Re: 125 Up and Running

Post by HiroPro »

What are your plans for the tank?
Ryan
etheonut

Post by etheonut »

I plan on keeping fish in it.....I guess I should have more definite plans, but yeah, not so much yet. I do have a dozen different ideas though.

Kevin
etheonut

Post by etheonut »

Update on the 125:

It now has sand, a large rock and 2 big chunks of driftwood. I have filled it once like this. The water was a little murky so I am draining it and will fill it again in a bit.

Here are my thoughts on inhabitants: Chromotilapia guntheri, Hemichromis christatus, Pelvichromis taeniatus, Synodontis brichardi, and a school of congo tetras. I am thinking the tank is big enough for each type of cichlid, all of them dwarf varieties, to share the tank. The Brichardi are there because they need a larger tank than they are in, and the congos will serve as a beautiful dither fish. Thoughts, comments, donations of cash?

Kevin