Epiplatys annulatus

Barbs, danios, gouramies, tetras, and other fish that don't fit into the above categories
HiroPro

Epiplatys annulatus

Post by HiroPro »

A few months ago I bough a pair of Epiplatys annulatus, clown killies, from WUW. I didn't have any real plane to breed them but I put them in a 5.5G tank with a ton of java moss to see what would happen. I noticed yesterday that there was a single juvenile fish about 3/4" long. I guess I'm going to try to get a good batch of fry out of them soon since they are going to breed. I spoke with Kevin about this at our last meeting ad he had a couple of suggestions. Anyone else want to give some advise?
Ryan
dennysfishroom

Re: Epiplatys annulatus

Post by dennysfishroom »

You might want to try removing the java moss to a bare tank with no other fish or snails. It's possible that there are eggs already in the moss. I'm not sure if this species needs to be dried or not before hatching. Denny
sumpnfishy

Re: Epiplatys annulatus

Post by sumpnfishy »

I've heard that some breeder use shallow sweater boxes to raise up fry. They need good area but that keeps available food closer to the surface. They are very tiny fry but if you include enough plants they should be able to find micro critters. The eggs water incubate.