Hello From Mountain Home AR

Tell us about yourself! Find tips on using our forum.
ladyblues1965

Hello From Mountain Home AR

Post by ladyblues1965 »

I joined your AS because you are the closest AS to me . My name is Kelley & I am an addict. I dont have alot of tanks as I cannot afford them but if I could I would have many! As it is I have four. a 75 ,29, 17, 10 . I keep live bearers in two tanks cherry shrimp in the ten and the 75 houses two blood parrots, two paradise gurammis two tiger barbs , 6 angel fish
and several brigg snails. I am a snail addict also I have several kinds of snails. I also have a 12x16 4 foot deep pond with several nice sized koi a couple Wakin, and several goldfish. the pond has many waterlily's and is 90% covered with plants.
My cherry shrimp are breeding and all the females are berried with eggs. I am so excited and cant wait to see the baby shrimp. the live bearers I have are balloon mollies , sail fin mollies, sword tails and guppys. I truly wish there was a AS close to me I would love to have fish friends close and be able to attend meetings.
I travel alot , I am the vocalist for a blues band. most of my weekend and some weekdays are taken up with the band .
I am happy to have found your society and hope to make more fishy friend here .
Kelley
dennysfishroom

Re: Hello From Mountain Home AR

Post by dennysfishroom »

Welcome,

We'd love to have you take part in any of the activities we do, but you may not be able to work the meetings into your schedule. That doesn't mean that if your travels take you to this area that you couldn't stop by and see whoever would be available. We do have a scheduled chat room meeting at 8pm each Monday that we're trying to get going. Stop by the chat room if you can. Most of us have problems remembering to be there, but you can try and see who's online. Hope to hear from you. Denny
etheonut

Post by etheonut »

Welcome to the society Kelly we are glad to have you.

It sounds like you have a great selection of fish and interests. Please feel free to join us on the Monday evening chat or any other club function we might have. We have several longer distance members who only come to one or two meetings a year. It is always nice to hear from them.

Kevin
HiroPro

Post by HiroPro »

Welcome!!
Ryan
sumpnfishy

Post by sumpnfishy »

Welcome Kelley! I'm glad you found us and hope to see you participate in any way you can.
Michael
pinkrblu

Post by pinkrblu »

Welcome, Kelley! I've got a friend that lives in Mountain Home. I've been promising him for years that I would visit. Maybe this year!
~Kenna
I can stop buying fish anytime I want. Seriously.
ladyblues1965

Post by ladyblues1965 »

Thanks for the great Welcome!
I do get thru western Ar quite often. I am playing in Broken Arrow Ok this weeknd so I will be going thru western AR.
Yes I have quite an assortment of underwater pals in my house. I trade my plants and stuff for whatever folks have. LOL
Usually snails shrimp or other plants. I have some guppys comming in in a few days I traded for hornwort and driftwood.
I have lots of driftwood if anyone wants to trade. I have my 75 gallon tank naturally planted and I am allways looking for more plants.
I am glad I found your site and will definatley be a frequent visitor.
thanks
Kelley
etheonut

Post by etheonut »

OHHHHHH! Driftwood.

Well, you are very lucky. We have some very talented plant people in the club. I bet you will be able to find some very nice trades to arrange.

Kevin
etheonut

Post by etheonut »

I do want to warn you about one thing. When you say you are interested in Livebearers, you get Mr. Gaines very excited. If you hang around with him too much he will show you a whole world of livebearers that you have never imagined probably. Then you will get addicted like some of us. Just thought I would warn you in advance so that I can 'told you so' later.

Kevin
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

Of course you have to start appreciating "ugly fish" if you follow Michaels lead. Denny
pinkrblu

Post by pinkrblu »

Also, an ability to pronounce Latin words will be a must when playing with Michael.
~Kenna
I can stop buying fish anytime I want. Seriously.
etheonut

Post by etheonut »

I am fairly sure that Tequila is not Latin .... but I won't argue the point either :lol:

Kevin
sumpnfishy

Post by sumpnfishy »

dennysfishroom wrote:Of course you have to start appreciating "ugly fish" if you follow Michaels lead. Denny
:cry: :cry: :cry: Brown, silver, black, and white are all very pretty colors thank you.
And Latin is not necessary, just don't expect ME to use common names very often.
Tequila is latin whether you like it or not. Of course by the rules of binomial nomenclature, so is herbertaxelrodi.
etheonut

Post by etheonut »

Yeah yeah, almost all of the words we use in the English language have their foundations in Latin.

Kevin
ladyblues1965

Post by ladyblues1965 »

Well if your peakin Lating to me you might as well be speaking greek cause it will all sound the same to me LOL
But Hey folks thanks for the great welcome!
As I stated befor I am a busy girl but when I have time I would love to attend a meeting or meet up with ya all and talk fish .
I will be thru western Ar this weekend But I wouldnt be able to stop as I will have the whole band with me, and I am sure they would think Im nuts , they just want to get home.
We are playing in Broken Arrow OK at a place called kenosha station if anyone cares to come see us. I would love to meet other members.
you can check out my band at http://www.myspace.com/bigredandthesoulbenders
etheonut

Post by etheonut »

Hey, maybe we should hire you and the band to play at our Christmas party.

Kevin
ladyblues1965

Post by ladyblues1965 »

Hey that would be awesome! LOl Wow I look back at my last post and see how bad I was typing EEEEEk well I wasn't totally awake and I don't type too well. I gues I should look back befor I hit the submit button .
have a great day ya all Ill check back later
Kelley
Herpchat

Post by Herpchat »

Wished I would have known sooner as I live about 10 miles from where you played.
ladyblues1965

Post by ladyblues1965 »

AWWWW too bad! We will be back over there Sept 20th . Would be great if you can make that one.
Kelley
Herpchat

Post by Herpchat »

Well I missed that one too.

I am just to busy with all my traveling around.

One day when you are playing I will make it.
'No one can save them all but everyone can save at least one.

President of the International Betta Congress
Chair IBC-SMP
President of the OKAA (The real state Aquarium Association)
and BAP Chair OKAA