58 gallons of surprise

Add some green (or red or pink or purple) to your aquarium!
etheonut

58 gallons of surprise

Post by etheonut »

Due to some other issues I drained my oldest running planted tank this weekend. It had been running uninterrupted since 2002. Given that it was empty I decided to do some rearranging. The Anubias barteri broke into 4 pieces when I took it out. Three of the four would be considered a show piece in most aquariums. The other piece is a lovely little starter piece, looks like an A. nanna. My lace plant was a pleasant surprise when I scooped it out of the gravel, it is now two bulbs growing instead of just one. I didn't split them, but I probably could have. My dwarf sag. is growing all over the tank, though not in the 'green lawn' effect that you see in people's pictures.

I have done some pruning and readjusting to this tank. It still needs one more good cleaning before it is ready for fish again though. Six years can collect a lot of detritus.

Kevin
pinkrblu

Re: 58 gallons of surprise

Post by pinkrblu »

What is the secret to the lush green lawn effect of dwarf sag? I've never gotten it to take off close enough to each other to look very good.
~Kenna
I can stop buying fish anytime I want. Seriously.
etheonut

Post by etheonut »

You are asking the wrong guy, but my guess would be either use a different plant or lots of light and CO2.

Kevin
Sundance

Post by Sundance »

Pics?
S u n d a n c e
"Adopt the pace of nature, her secret is patience." Emerson
etheonut

Post by etheonut »

I haven't gotten around to taking pics of this tank quite yet. I will do some picture taking this weekend maybe.

Kevin