St. Louis Auction

For discussion of upcoming events in NWA and beyond. Auction rules and registration forms can also be found here.
sumpnfishy

St. Louis Auction

Post by sumpnfishy »

Anybody interested in going to St. Louis for their auction on November 16? If I can get at least one other person to share gas expenses I plan on going. We would need to leave pretty early. The November auction is usually second only to the May aucton/show as far as variety.
Michael
etheonut

Re: St. Louis Auction

Post by etheonut »

I am going to St. Louis that weekend. You can ride with me if you want. I can even provide lodging. I will be deer hunting all weekend though leaving Friday night and coming back Sunday night.

Kevin
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

I had thought about going, but a Sunday isn't the best for me. I'll have to think about it for awhile. Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!
fishbait

Post by fishbait »

Well Denny, if it helps you make your decision, this is a very good auction. Good prices on Great selection of fish.
Steve Irwin died the way he lived.....with fish in his heart.
sumpnfishy

Post by sumpnfishy »

Sorry, can't go for the weekend, only Sunday.
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

So is this an auction that we could take fish to sell, or is this just for going to and buying? Who would I contact if I wanted to take fish? I guess I'll also have to decide on taking fish to KC on the 8th (or rather having Corey take fish for me). Denny
etheonut

Post by etheonut »

This is an auction where fish could be sold. The information about the auction could be had by joining their yahoo group. Go to http://groups.yahoo.com and searching for MASI. You will find their email list their.

Kevin
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

I think the info I needed was on their website. I haven't really seen that much activity on their group page. Now I just have to decide if it's worth the trip. Denny
etheonut

Post by etheonut »

Ahhh, I forgot about their website.

Kevin
kcmikey

Post by kcmikey »

Denny, the St. Louis club's auctions are pretty nice. They have a nice variety and they are not dominated by Malawian cichlids like we have in KC or at any of the MCA events. I do think their split is only 60%, but the prices are not too bad. I have learned to take people that are NOT interested in the same fish you are. You don't need an extra person that wants to bid on that same bag that you want. Go with Diversified Fish Friends!!!
Mike
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

I think I'm going to pass this auction. They don't allow hybrids, and several of the fish I breed probably fall in that category. The split isn't the best, and since I'm into Africans, that's not an incentive. If I knew how I had done in KC, I might be a little more excited about going to St. Louis. Maybe next time. Thanks. Denny
sumpnfishy

Post by sumpnfishy »

Yeah, I don't think I'm going to go either. I don't really NEED any more fish and the ones I was going to take a guy up there vanished on me so until they breed again I don't have fish for him. I'll probably just try for the spring show/auction again. That is if I can afford it. I'd like to go to the ALA convention which is usually the weekend before St. Louis.