Random fish pics

Post your favorite aquarium related pics.
gm333

Random fish pics

Post by gm333 »

Thought I would throw up some random pics I have taken recently. Most of these were taken at Oddballs in Tulsa.

The blue defender

Blue damsel

Yellowfin tang

This potters angel is out of my tank.

As well as this Blue/green chromis
'Its only fun if you make it fun! http://fishnutgm333.bravehost.com/'
Herpchat

Re: Random fish pics

Post by Herpchat »

If only I could take pics like that;

So you want to do a talk on fish photography?
'No one can save them all but everyone can save at least one.

President of the International Betta Congress
Chair IBC-SMP
President of the OKAA (The real state Aquarium Association)
and BAP Chair OKAA
Herpchat

Post by Herpchat »

Howdy GM333;

I noticed that you are on the OKAA board and this one and yet I don't think you have been to any of the meetings?

Do you not have a desire to go to these meetings;

I make on average 2-3 fish meetings a month.

If you ever want to go to any of the fish meetings in Ark just let me know and you can go with me.

This is a fun club with lots of great people.
'No one can save them all but everyone can save at least one.

President of the International Betta Congress
Chair IBC-SMP
President of the OKAA (The real state Aquarium Association)
and BAP Chair OKAA
pinkrblu

Post by pinkrblu »

Gary,
Thanks for posting those pictures. You know how I feel about your photography! Always makes me feel green and a bit inadequate. So keep right on posting!

I was going to say something about that pic of the Potter's Angel when you posted it before. Gorgeous fish. How large does it get, and is it compatible with the mandarin? I'm working on a dream list that will get my hubby even more interested in going salt.
~Kenna
I can stop buying fish anytime I want. Seriously.
gm333

Post by gm333 »

Herpchat wrote:Howdy GM333;

I noticed that you are on the OKAA board and this one and yet I don't think you have been to any of the meetings?

Do you not have a desire to go to these meetings;

I make on average 2-3 fish meetings a month.

If you ever want to go to any of the fish meetings in Ark just let me know and you can go with me.

This is a fun club with lots of great people.

I looked into in the past, but my focus now is on reef and I belong to COMAS which is more than adequate enough for me right now. I will keep OKAA in mind for future venues, thanks for the invite.
gm333

Post by gm333 »

Herpchat wrote:If only I could take pics like that;

So you want to do a talk on fish photography?
I would not know where to start, I will keep this in mind. I do believe you are referring to a talk about fish photography for an OKAA meeting?
I still consider myself a novice so maybe in the future when I can consider myself a little more than a novice I would be more than happy to.
gm333

Post by gm333 »

pinkrblu wrote:Gary,
Thanks for posting those pictures. You know how I feel about your photography! Always makes me feel green and a bit inadequate. So keep right on posting!

I was going to say something about that pic of the Potter's Angel when you posted it before. Gorgeous fish. How large does it get, and is it compatible with the mandarin? I'm working on a dream list that will get my hubby even more interested in going salt.
Of course Kenna, you know I dont like anyone to feel inadequate. I will share some tips and advice on taking good photos with a P&S(point and shoot) as well as the DSLR(Digital Single Lens Reflex) cameras.

This particular angel will get to about 5" and is considered a difficult species to keep, the only reason it is considered difficlut is it does not adjust well to aquariums. If you can get the angel to eat he will do well in a larger system with plenty of algae to graze on. Mine has been a little psrticular about what he eats, it has taken me a long time to get him to accept anything but mysis shrimp. I finally have him eating spirulina brine shrimp, and flake food. He has eat to eat any thera A food. He will not touch plankton or any other frozen food.
These guys are considered to be coral nippers, but I have not had any problems with him nipping corals. He did nip at my clam mantle a couple of times in the past, but decided it was not his cup of tea and has done it since. he is a little aggressive towards new tank residents, but after a little while he adjusts to them.