Betta raja

Post your favorite aquarium related pics.
mewickham
NWAAS President

Betta raja

Post by mewickham »

I picked up a pair of rare, mouthbrooding Betta raja, (bet-tuh ra-ha) donated to the club by Gerald Griffin of the OKAA, at the May 2009 meeting. I placed the fish into a heavily-planted 70-gallon community. The female has been out and around since the second day. The male hid for a week, and now comes out occasionally.

The female, of course, is less colorful than the male. Betta raja seem to be expressively emotional. They switch color patterns in an instant. The female regularly flashes horizontal stripes if I get too close, and I've seen the male turn on horizontal blotches.

Anyway, it took two weeks for the male to come out and feel comfortable enough for me to get a photo of him showing normal coloration. Here it is:

Mike Wickham
http://mikewickham.com
NWAAS Webmaster, Publicity Chair
pinkrblu

Re: Betta raja

Post by pinkrblu »

Very nice post! Thanks, this is what our forum needs. Great photo, as well.
~Kenna
I can stop buying fish anytime I want. Seriously.
Sundance

Post by Sundance »

I agree. It would be nice (and hopefully easier) if we could post photos directly though. Denny
S u n d a n c e
"Adopt the pace of nature, her secret is patience." Emerson
mewickham
NWAAS President

Post by mewickham »

It would be nice (and hopefully easier) if we could post photos directly though.
Yeah, I wasn't sure that I did it right. In fact, it failed the first time (when I tried "Upload attachment" and I had to recompose my message and start over. I then tried uploading the image directly into the message, using the "Img" tag, but it seemed to limit me to pointing toward a photo that already had an URL on the Web. So I went to the Gallery, created an album, and uploaded the photo there. Then I right-clicked on the photo and chose Properties to find the URL for the photo. Finally, I recomposed my message in the Gallery message section and used the "img" tag to insert its URL. That worked.

When I get a few minutes, I think I'll document the procedure and put it in a fresh "How to Upload Photos" message thread in the Gallery message section. Perhaps someone could then make it a sticky thread, so that it stays at the top of the list.

If anyone figured out a better method, let me know.

Mike Wickham
Mike Wickham
http://mikewickham.com
NWAAS Webmaster, Publicity Chair