Marbled Crayfish

Crayfish, shrimp, snails, newts, frogs, turtles, etc.
Sundance

Marbled Crayfish

Post by Sundance »

I haven't been paying a lot of attention to my marbled crayfish figuring they might still be too small to have babies. Wrong. I looked in the tank tonight, and one of the crays had a rounded tail and what looked to be a lot of eggs. I never will say for sure until they hatch, but it does look promising. I may end up with a lot of young. I've still got at least 7 other females who could be carrying shortly. Denny
S u n d a n c e
"Adopt the pace of nature, her secret is patience." Emerson
ajgarcia

Re: Marbled Crayfish

Post by ajgarcia »

Hi
I have a marbled crayfish too :D . mines only 1in. and i was just wondering how big yours was when it went into berry. :D thanks :D
sincerely,
Aaron
if the grass is greener on the other side then i bet the water bill is higher too :D
Sundance

Post by Sundance »

I'd guess around 2 1/2 to 3 inches. I think I got them last winter or early spring. They grow pretty fast. I just recently gave them some hiding places which might have helped, too. Denny
S u n d a n c e
Sundance

Post by Sundance »

I just went down and looked again. Now I can't tell if anyone is carrying. I'm going to have to get those tanks up and running again so I can put them in individual tanks. That's probably the only way I'm going to know for sure. Denny
S u n d a n c e
ajgarcia

Post by ajgarcia »

Hi
i just went and checked my on my cray and its about 1in. long so mine still has a little time :mrgreen: .

sincerely,
Aaron
if the grass is greener on the other side then i bet the water bill is higher too :D